Tim Welgraven wrote:
Your music on music stores in 2019
So, now that only one song is out, you kinda wonder how much money you are going to earn, now your music is published. I found some numbers and I already knew it ain't much. But it's even worse as I thought.
- Napster the old torrent illegal download website is paying the best; 0.019 USD per stream.
- Tidal is owned by JayZ and pays 0.0125 USD per stream.
- Apple is paying relatively good 0.00735 USD. (20% of the market)
- YouTube pays you almost nothing, 0.00069 USD.
- Spotify who is serving almost half of the market (47%) is paying also less then half, compared to Napster, 0.00437 USD.
Between Napster and YouTube are a lot of the major streaming / selling online music stores. The best choice is to find many of the minor websites. They pay the most.
Don’t ever make a career out of your earnings; only 3% of YouTubers earn enough to cross the poverty line. Well then, I made up my mind and only do it because I like music so much, ahum!
Source: digitalmusicnews.com a.o.
Take a look at the contact page to join our newsletter!